In this 2 hour portrait photo training session, you will learn;
- How to clearly direct your talent
- Communication styles and tips to get the best results
- Which lens? How lens choice can change the look of a simple portrait
- Posing from head to toe & understanding body language
- Simple, yet essential editing with Lightroom
This workshop would suit
- A beginner or mid career photographer who would like to improve their posing skills
- A seasoned photographer - always learning and evolving
This workshop will flow through three sequential components;
Grace will share some examples of posing and the theory behind her posing process.
In the live Portrait Shoot, Grace will demonstrate posing, communication, and capture
Follow along as Grace ends the workshop with some live edits in Lightroom
Portrait of Minika, 2013 by Grace Costa
Bonus - Sponsored by EIZO, there will be a selection of ColorEdge monitors at the workshop
This means you have the opportunity to see one of your own photographic images on an EIZO Photography monitor.
File size no larger than 5Mb please. We will delete your image directly after the workshop. Any questions - contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Artist - Grace Costa
Canberra-born, Grace Costa has spent the past 20-years building her career as a commercial photographer and most recently, as a photo-based artist. After her formal photography studies at Canberra Institute of Technology, Grace spent 10 years as a public affairs photographer for the Department of Defence. She now runs her own business, providing commercial photography for government and corporate clients, and personal branding portrait services to local small businesses. Grace also provides photography workshops, masterclasses, and mentorship to emerging photographers and other artists.
Grace has built a multi-award-winning photography portfolio, including;
- National Photographic Portrait Prize (NPPP 2014) - Finalist for "Portrait of Minika"
- Head On Photo Festival - Exhibited Artist, then Finalist (2020) for "Frankie and Jessie"
- Canberra Critics Award for Grace's "Concept to Exhibition" program
- TEDx Canberra speaker "Finding your creative truth through personal story."
Grace is passionate about fine art portraiture and is perhaps best known for her striking, yet hyperreal equine portraits. Her 2017 solo exhibition, ‘Horse’ captured the hearts of many. Grace continues to exhibit in both solo and group shows in galleries around Australia, with her work being acquired for private collections worldwide.